Beginning May 1, 2009, the Kroger Cares Program will be replaced with the launch of a new program, Kroger Community Rewards. With this new program, members will earn funds for Seedlings Braille Books for Children just by using their Kroger Plus Cards. Seedlings’ supporters can go online to register their Kroger Plus Card and select Seedlings as their charity of choice. If you do not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please visit the customer service desk at any Kroger. Then, after May 1, 2009, whenever a registered cardholder makes a purchase at Kroger using their Kroger Plus Card, that purchase will contribute to Seedlings’ rewards. In addition, once a household member registers, then all linked cards used by family members will also begin earning funds for the organization.
To register your Kroger Plus Card, simply sign up online at http://krogercommunityrewards.com/ and follow these simple steps:
· Click on “Michigan” and then on “Enroll.” Then, click on “Sign Up Today” in the ‘New Customer’ area.
· Enter your zip code and select your preferred store.
· Fill in the appropriate account information to set up and confirm your online account.
· You will then get a message to check your email inbox. Follow the instructions provided in that email to complete the activation process.
To select Seedlings Braille Books for Children as your charity of choice to receive funds from your grocery purchases, simply follow the next steps:
· Login to your Kroger account by using your email address and new password.
· Click on “Edit Kroger Community Rewards Information” and input your Kroger Plus card number. Update, confirm, and save your information.
· Enter “Seedlings Braille Books for Children” or the number “82491,” click on “confirm” or “select,” and save your selection.
REMEMBER, purchases will not count toward Seedlings until you have registered your Kroger Plus card(s) and have selected Seedlings as your charity of choice.
Thanks to all of Seedlings’ supporters who participated in the original Kroger Cares Program helping us to raise funds to support braille literacy. Since we started the Program on July 7, 2008, our supporters purchased and reloaded 531 Kroger cards which raised over $1,600 to date. We hope everyone will continue to support Seedlings Braille Books for Children by signing up for this new rewards program beginning May 1.
If you would like additional information about the new Kroger Community Rewards Program or need assistance with the online registration process, please contact Julie or Dawn at Seedlings, 734-427-8552. You may also call The Kroger Company direct at 1-800-837-4483 with any questions.