Tuesday, March 13, 2007

More news from a great day

I didn't post this yesterday because I thought it deserved its own post. We've been preparing for a totally blind Acer after the people who've met him have referred to him simply as blind. The medical reports indicated that his vision would be somewhat correctable with super thick lenses, but we were preparing for the worst. A lady whose husband was picking up their daughter from Acer's orphanage had him ask about Acer for us. I had no idea she was doing this until she emailed me the following report yesterday.

They said he is a delightful child. Very very smart and a
pleasure. They didn't comment too much on the extent of his vision
impairement, but did say that he has made great progress. He is
very aware of the placement of things, and is very able to discern
when things are on the table, people come into a room, etc. They
also described him as playful and active. Not completely verbal
yet - conversational, but has a good command of what language he has
already acquired. They said he is a very happy child.

He has more vision than I'd hoped, I'm overjoyed. I was over the moon yesterday already, this sent me off to Saturn I think.

No comments: