Friday, April 04, 2008

Filling the house, AND a trip to Ikea

Today I am off work to go get our Alex. I'm going to take Mum and Acer and drive Mum's car. The beater(my mini van) is loyal, but the 250 mile round trip might just tax her a little too much. Mum's never been to Ikea, so I thought it would be fun to bring her with too.
We'll meet in Lansing and then drop down to Ikea on the way home for dinner.
I just got the coolest heater (hmm, is that an oxymoron?) for the lowest level of the house too. It's always colder down there and while Bill and I liked it when we slept down there, Alex likes it a little warmer. It looks like a little wood burning stove, complete with fake logs and flames that change, but it also puts out heat and can be turned on and off with a remote (BIll's favorite feature I think) It's very pretty and goes well with my Great-great-Aunt's Queen Anne Furniture.

No comments: