Friday, November 02, 2007

The good Lord has a sense of humor

This is a fact. Why else would I be named Heather (Calluna vulgaris) Anise (Pimpinella anisum) Bowman (Bowman's Root - Gillenia trifoliata) and be a horticulturist?

This is why I bring it up today. I am not a morning person. I have uttered such bon mots in the morning like "you're talking to me." to Mum as my brain exploded with the effort of having a conversation before 9 AM. So the Lord gives me a wonderful, funny, smart, musical joy of a son. Yeah! Except the Lord said, nothing is perfect (except him) so we'll have to give him a personality flaw. Yes, my little man is a morning person.

Today he started rolling on and over me at about 5. I tried my best to convince him to stay quiet as Bill had a rare morning to sleep in past 7, but it was rough. In Acer's defense, this was his quietest not allowed to get up yet morning. When Bill's alarm finally went off, I asked him to take the little man so I could get some more sleep. Oh those blissful 45 minutes!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

OMGosh! I was just thinking about this very thing this morning as I got to sleep in until 8:30am and it was so nice! Only 6 more months of getting to do that!! Yeah, I'll trade, hurry up six months! It also would be nice if my husband turns out to be as sweet as yours in that area!!