Sunday, February 03, 2008

Another use for the beeping Easter Egg, who knew?

The paragraph below was from Sheila E. on my Bilateral Anophthalmia/Microphthalmia yahoo group. A great group who've really given me suggestions and help about how to be a better parent for Acer.

I remember a “beeper” being made for me. We lived in the country, and sometimes things were difficult to locate without a path to follow. I had a beeper made of a cardboard box with speaker holes punched into it, and another hole where a switch stuck out of the box. I would take the beeper to the sand box for example. When I wanted to go inside for a minute, I would turn the beeper on and leave it in the sandbox. I was able to locate the house with echolocation. When I came back outside, I just followed the beeper. Save those eggs!

No comments: