Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A FAMILY FOR ONE YEAR - TODAY!

Wow, a whole year with Acer.
Seems so hard to believe, from the days when he wouldn't sleep unless he was up on our shoulders to the six months of nights sleeping with his wiggly self in the bed with us to now when we're back in our bed and he's in his bed across the hall.
From the begining when he spoke three precious words in English, 'I love you' to now where he speaks in complex sentences.
Some people think we're doing this for some sort of obscure good charitable purpose, we get a lot of God Bless you's from people. The truth is, we are simply doing this to to be a family with children; and God did bless us, he blesses us every day with our little three foot blessing of Joy - Acer. He gives us so much love we know we're blessed every day of the past year.
Heather BT

7 comments:

bamboosprouts said...

Happy Family Day! So much to celebrate. :)

RamblingMother said...

Happy one year!!

Beverly

Bill and Aleda Diggins said...

Happy anniversary on your family day!!!!! Ours is tomorrow and like you, the year had gone so fast with so many amazing changes for Ellie. All of us are so glad to have been in China with you and become friends. Again, congrats.

Bill, Aleda and Ellie

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you guys,,, I think you should keep adopting til you get 6.....LOL!!! Our prayers are with you for Little Miss!!! Hugs & Prayers,, the King bunch!!!!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Happy Forever Family Day!!! I can't believe it's been a whole year. WOW! Time surely does fly.
Love,
Monica

Jim said...

Happy Gotcha day from Chan, Odessa and me!

I mentioned this on the Yahoo group, but bears repeating. Odessa started wearing her first squeaky shoes (finally grew into them), but whenever I hear her coming I can't help but think of Acer. He IS squeaky shoes to me.

Take care!

Jim

Anonymous said...

One of my fondest memories is crying when Acer said "I love you" and you guys got to be the first to be a forever family. I'll never forget that...

Erika and the Best Family