Monday, July 14, 2008

What's Up? Acer is!

Not exactly sure why, but Acer hasn't been falling asleep much before 10:30 many nights lately. I think it may have something to do with his gradual switch to me as his preferred parent instead of Bill.
Every since I bought a micro plush robe, Acer snuggles with me more. He'll even request that I put on the robe just to snuggle. I purchased it just before I went back to work this spring and I'm not sure if he just likes it that much, or misses me because I'm gone more, but I spend hours a day, on my days off, even in the heat, wearing the robe with a small child on my lap. I think this may be why I am now Acer's preferred parent.
Now, what does this have to do with Acer not sleeping? I think he doesn't want to go to sleep until I come home from work. I work the closing shift most days and don't leave work until some time between 9:30 and 10:30 and I get home a half hour later. So he is still awake when I get home, and he gets to make sure I'm home, I think.
The only upside to this is that he now sleeps about an hour or so later each morning and I get to sleep in a smidge, but it's throwing off his whole schedule, nap time, everything.
Oh well some bad, some good and it won't last long. After we get back from camping the end of the month, we're going to start getting him up early and practicing getting ready for school on time. He's going to be catching the bus between 7:30 and 7:45 to be to school at 8:30 so we need to practice our whole morning routine so we're not all stressed.

Speaking, okay writing, about sleep, Avon has Melatonin strips to help you sleep better. Many PVI (parents of Visually impaired) swear by Melatonin to help their kids fall asleep on a regular schedule. We've not had that problem with Acer, so why am I writing about it? See the July 9 What an Offer post.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Oh you can camp!! I hope you take pics while youj are there. I would love to see everything!!

Bailey is on such a crazy sleep with naps that I just go with the flow. She does fall asleep by 9 every night. I loved the story about the robe. That is so sweet! You are a great parent. Is Bill jealous?? Tell him he will get the teen years.