Sunday, September 03, 2006

Black & White photos arrive

We received our clearer copies of the black and white photos. It seems that his left eye, the one with the blotch, is his dominant vision eye and that his right eye is pretty cross eyed. I'm actually hoping that that cross eye is really his vision problem, that the abnormal retinal development is just orphanage speak for we don't really know what's wrong. I know 4 people with amblyopia 2 have had surgery and 2 have done exercises, the exercise seem to have taken better than the surgery as far as correcting it and keeping it corrected. So it looks like it'll be physical therapy time in the future.
We're getting pretty attached to the pictures of this little guy, I just hope his blood work comes back okay, actually I'm starting to care less and less whether his blood work is okay or not.
Oddly enough, he doesn't seem to have any hair. I read about a little girl who grew hair pretty rapidly after she was adopted. I can only hope his case will be the same. Bill's considering buying a hair trimmer kit for his own hair. It looks like it'll be a while before we'd need to use it on the little guy.
His legs seem pretty short, our sister in law Kerry says it's probably just normal little kid proportions. I just never noticed little kids have short legs, odd.

No comments: