Sunday, September 10, 2006

Still waiting

Yesterday was Mum's 70th Birthday, she didn't want to go out to dinner, she wanted us to go to a dinner at her church with her instead. There was a gentleman there speaking on his experiences as a Messianic Jew. A very interesting message in a warm and welcoming church.
While we were there we discovered there were two people whose family members were leaving this week to go get their daughters in China. One proud grandmother pulled out her copy of the baby pictures, while a sister was disappointed she'd left her copies at home on the fridge and couldn't show us anything.
And so we wait, not as long as some of these families have waited and will wait in the future, taking a special needs child helps speed up the process so I really shouldn't complain ...but I'm not sure how long it will take to get the results back from China. I am definitely not tremendously patient. I want those results NOW. however, I don't have much choice in the matter, and so I continue to wait.

No comments: