Amy tagged me with this and I'm doing it because weird does describe a major facet of my personality. Yes, I admit it I'm weird, in case you couldn't tell already.
1) I am both a genetically fast reader and genetically dyslexic. My spelling can get a bit funky, but if I want I can read over 1500 words a minute. I rarely want to, but I cruise along much faster than most people speed read. I love to read, and I love to take a long bath and read even better. Too bad Acer thinks he should join me now, he splashes too much for me to read.
2) I started playing Dungeons and Dragons when I was 8, and some of the people my brother and I played with back then, he still plays with. D&D (D20 Now) has come quite far, and has many variations, but I love the use of imagination and all the opportunities for puns.
3) Speaking of puns, I love them and I actually make up my own jokes. One of my favorites, What did the tree say when it went in the chipper?
Nothing, it just let out a little bark
4) I am a font of useless information (like the word font here means small fountain, not a printing type). I collect these bits and then they come out of my brain at various times. I guess all that reading does have some effect.
5) I know how to and can teach people how to fix Christmas lights. I've been running the same sets since '93
6) I am a horticulturist and can put most of my name into botanical names - Heather, Calluna vulgaris - Annis, Pimpinella anisum - Bowman , Bowman's root, Gillenia trifoliata
7) I am allergic to Ladybugs, Kiwi's and Figs
And now I tag