Tuesday, May 15, 2007

No, it's not gas

We have learned a few new phrases that Acer has. The most used are baba bao and mama bao which mean Papa(Mama) pick me up and carry me around so I can sleep thrown over your shoulder. There are a couple others, but they have to do with the bathroom, and will be left unsaid at the moment. :)

But the biggest news was at dinner tonight. Not only did I get him to eat a little congee (rice soup) but I learned a new word tonight she guo (shay gwoh) which means watermelon. We got him a couple pieces of watermelon, and he started to eat it standing by the table, said baba bao, I told him "eat she guo baba bao after" he stopped, finished the piece, and then wanted up again. That is an improvement. Then I got the best part. After handing him another piece, while holding him, he actually gave the biggest(only) grin I have seen outside of the adoption center!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This nearly made me cry, as it is the first positive emotion that we have seen, after days of just yelling at us for his foster mom.

Also, he has definitely started calling us mama and baba finally, and meaning it.

It may not be a 90 degree corner, but it is a corner that we turned. Tonight should be interesting, as he has done a lot of sleeping today, but I am sure he was plumb tuckered out after the less than 4 hours of sleep last night.


mama bu bao

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, I just found this and have read some of your experiences. Congratulations and blessings to you! I'm so happy that you now have Acer! China is such a wonderful experience but as you now know, it's a lot to take in while you and your son get used to each other! What a blessing that you are all healthy! You'll be in my prayers! God Bless!
Bev Myers

Anonymous said...

Bill & Heather ~
I just wanted to send a little comment to say Congratulations!!!!!!! I'm so happy for the two of you to now have Acer. I wish your new family lots of love, laughter, good health, and happiness.

Sincerely,
Ashley (White Lake Twp.)